Provides support and promotes opportunities that enhance the lives of individuals with autism and their families.
Among its services are:
- support groups
- training for educators, medical professionals, and parents
- adult day programs and employment
- summer camp and year-round programs
- residential homes where over 100 adults live independently from their parents in a community setting
- the country’s largest nonprofit autism-specific bookstore
- annual conference, community events and fundraisers
To find out more, call 1 (800) 422-2762 or (919) 743-0204
State Office and Advocacy Services for the Raleigh area:
505 Oberlin Road, Suite 230
Raleigh, NC 27605-1345
The nation’s largest autism science and advocacy organization, providing information and resources for families who are dealing with autism.
For general family services questions, call (888) 288-4762 (888-AUTISM2)
Provides information for parents of newly diagnosed children, offers many support groups, organizes activities and events that benefit the community, and connects you to other resources.
For more information call (919) 459-2544.